Pancreatitis is a fairly common disease. A distinctive feature of this disease is acute pain in the stomach, as well as a violation of the quality of the pancreas.
A special (therapeutic) diet has been developed to treat this disease. Contains only specially selected menu and permitted food. They will not cause harm to the affected organism. What does a sample menu for a week look like?
1. Diet for chronic inflammation of the gland
In diseases such as pancreatitis, a sparing diet is prescribed, which completely excludes the use of alcoholic beverages, sweets, fatty, fried foods, as well as products containing crude fiber, simple carbohydrates and extractives. Nutritionists recommend eating up to 6 times a day, and the portion should be small so that it is better absorbed and does not overload the pancreas.
Food should be steamed, boiled or stewed, in rare cases it can be baked. Before using it, it must be cooled to a temperature of 30 degrees. This way you can avoid stomach irritation.
Salt in the diet should be used in a minimal amount and, if possible, then completely excluded until the work of the body is normalized. Fish, meat and dairy products are used as main products. The energy value of the menu per day should never exceed 1800 kcal.
It is best to give preference to liquid or semi-liquid foods, such as soups, mashed potatoes, cereals, etc. A strict diet should be followed for pancreatic diseases about 3 weeks after stopping the attack. Then the menu can be constantly expanded until you return to your usual diet.
Cereals, vegetable soups, cooked / fresh vegetables, dried bread, meat, boiled eggs, poultry and fish are allowed during the diet (only low-fat varieties are allowed), dairy products, non-acidicfruits and berries, flour, creamy / vegetable oils, natural jelly, fresh juices and compotes.
Under no circumstances should you forget about water. It is recommended to consume up to 2 liters of clean water per day. It will restore balance and improve bowel function.
During the exacerbation of the disease you should minimize the use of carbonated water or turn it off completely. In addition, canned food, strong broths, fast food, smoked / spicy foods, muffins, cocoa, sour fruits and berries, marinades, coffee, pies, eggs prepared in the form of fried or soft-boiled eggs, fatty meats, fish.
2. Eating Rules
A number of rules must be followed:
- Eat only one consistency of food (it is best to be homogeneous);
- Keep your small portions;
- Exclude from the diet completely smoked, sweet, fried, salty foods;
- Try to eat as little fresh food as possible (eg vegetables);
- Drink as much fluid as possible (water, green tea, decoctions).
The dietary rules for acute disease are similar to the chronic version. In the chronic course of the disease, fasting lasts for several days (up to).
3. Sample menu for one week
The menu is signed for a period depending on the type of disease: in acute pancreatitis - up to 9 months, in chronic - for several years. At the same time, alcohol (even in scarce quantities), spices and smoked meat must be excluded from the menu. Chocolate, as well as other sweet foods, are also prohibited (from sweets you can have only a small piece of breadcrumbs or a teaspoon of jelly).
The menu is selected taking into account the characteristics of the patient's body, while containing all the beneficial substances for the body.
Let's list the list of foods that are allowed to be included in the diet:
- Vegetables. Almost all vegetables can be present in the menu (except legumes and cabbage and others that cause bloating). Various side dishes and soups can be prepared from these vegetables;
- Cottage cheese. This product can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack. From it you can make cakes with cheese or casserole;
- Compotes, fruit jelly. These can be apricots, apples, pears. If a person has an exacerbation, then pears should be excluded from the menu;
- Fermented dairy products. All foods should be low in fat. It is allowed to fill salads with sour cream no more than twice a week;
- Eggs. The menu may include steamed omelet or boiled eggs, but without yolk;
- Meat. It is best to choose boiled chicken or steamed fish;
- You can eat pasta no more than once a week;
- Cereals. It is best to stop your choice on rice, oatmeal or semolina.
On the first day, it is best to skip food altogether. Only water is consumed throughout the day. If the acute pain does not bother the patient, then a sample menu might look like this:
- You can drink a cup of green tea for breakfast (you can add a teaspoon of honey to the drink). 150 grams of semolina or rice porridge are also allowed;
- For the second breakfast you can eat pumpkin puree (50g), steamed fish or chicken cutlet, rose hips;
- For lunch you can eat vegetable or chicken broth with a small loaf of bread;
- For afternoon breakfast you can drink a glass of kefir or jelly;
- Dinner consists of a steamed omelette and a beet salad;
- You can drink a glass of water with honey before going to bed.
If pancreatitis is painless, then you can prepare any porridge for breakfast (semolina, oatmeal or buckwheat).
- The first breakfast consists of oatmeal, which is prepared in milk, a piece of cheese and a glass of jelly (without added sugar);
- For lunch you can eat 100 grams of cottage cheese (1% fat), which can be mixed with an apple;
- For lunch you can eat boiled rice with a piece of fish. It must be steamed without mistakes;
- For afternoon breakfast you can eat apple or carrot puree;
- Dinner can consist of a dietary vinaigrette with a small piece of bread (this can be replaced with bread).
- On the third day of the diet is already allowed to eat salads of apples, beets, which are seasoned with sour cream (it should be low in fat). You can drink green tea.
- For lunch you can eat buckwheat porridge with a small piece of butter and bread;
- Lunch consists of rice soup and 2 pieces of cheese;
- For the afternoon breakfast you can drink a glass of fermented baked milk or kefir;
- For dinner, one can make mashed potatoes (without adding milk), bake vegetables and eat a slice of bread.
- For breakfast you can eat oatmeal, which is prepared with a small lump of butter. In addition, mineral water is still allowed;
- For lunch you can have an omelet and a steamed cutlet. Alternatively, you can also drink a glass of milk (fat percentage 1 or 2, 5%);
- During lunch you can eat a bowl of soup with a small piece of fish. As a side dish you can cook zucchini or carrots;
- You can bake an apple for lunch;
- Dinner consists of rice curd and weak tea (you can add milk to it).
- In the morning you can eat rice porridge and boiled egg (it should be without yolk);
- The second breakfast consists of tea and a small piece of cheese;
- Lunch can consist of homemade soup with noodles, pumpkin or carrot porridge. You can also drink a glass of milk or tea;
- Afternoon breakfast consists of low-fat cottage cheese with sour cream;
- For dinner, you can pamper yourself with a vegetable salad, which is dressed with butter (preferably olive oil), a baked apple and a cup of tea with a teaspoon of sugar.
- For your first breakfast, you can make an omelette that is steamed with vegetables. The prepared dish can be supplemented with a glass of milk;
- For the second breakfast you can prepare buckwheat porridge with fish (boiled);
- For lunch you can drink milk soup and green tea;
- For afternoon breakfast you can drink rose hips;
- For dinner you can cook vegetables with potatoes (boiled), fruit jelly or pudding.
Once the symptoms of the disease disappear, you can diversify your menu.
- For breakfast you can eat a small piece of bread with butter, cottage cheese. You can drink everything with a cup of green tea;
- If a person has a slight pain, then for lunch you can cook a small piece of chicken with carrots. Alternatively, you can eat a small piece of bread. You can drink it with unsweetened tea or mineral water;
- For lunch you can eat vegetable soup, mashed potatoes and boiled cutlet. Unsweetened tea or kefir is allowed from drinks;
- For afternoon breakfast you can drink jelly with a small amount of biscuits;
- For dinner you can prepare fish casserole and carrot juice.
Failure to follow the diet threatens the patient with serious consequences. As complications of pancreatitis, diseases such as:
- Hypertension (liver);
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus;
- Any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Pancreatic cancer;
- Brain damage.
In case of pancreatitis you will have to reconsider your diet. You can use a number of products for cooking, and the dishes should not be greasy, not too salty, not fried, not sweet. However, with this disease you can live a full life. Consider a few recipes for cooking.
- Steam cutlets. For cooking we need to take chicken breast (about 200 g), wheat bread (30 g), milk (3 tablespoons), a small amount of oil (it is best to take olive oil), a pinch of salt. All components must be mixed. Form minced meatballs. Put them in a double boiler, pour water and close the lid. Cook until ready.
- Rosehip drink. To prepare this broth, you will need to take 0, 5 kg of fruit and 4 liters of water. We wash the rosehip and fill it with water. Leave to infuse for four days. You do not need to boil the drink, the rosehip should be infused at room temperature. Such a drink is rich in vitamin C. Due to the fact that the drink is very acidic, you should consult your doctor before using it.
- Vegetable soup. To make the soup, you need to take pepper (1 pc. ), Broccoli, a small zucchini, cauliflower. Vegetables should be washed and diced. Fill the vegetables with water (1, 5 liters) and cook until fully cooked. The water is drained (but not all). Using a blender, puree the soup.
- Fish Soup. For cooking we need to take 0, 5 kg of low-fat fish (you can use cod, pike or pike), pour water and put on fire. It should be cooked until fully cooked, after which the fish should be separated from the bones and chopped in a blender. Add a little butter to the warmed milk and wait until it is completely melted. The broth is then boiled. It is important that the broth does not boil. Put fish in it and cook for a few more minutes. Our soup is ready.
Pancreatitis is a disease in which diet plays a major role. With strict adherence to the doctor's recommendations and proper nutrition, you can live a full life.